New Zealand Journey Information
New Zealand was such a dream. Like actually certainly one of our favourite household journeys thus far!!! Once I was nearly executed with our itinerary I had requested followers to share suggestions so I compiled all probably the most really helpful issues to do and see under. Additionally on this submit I will likely be sharing additionally my journey itinerary. The factor is, I adjusted the primary half to what we might have executed in a different way – so our time within the North island is altered a bit and I added on a pair days. The time on the South Island is our EXACT itinerary. You could possibly in fact regulate and spend an additional day right here or there and take away time someplace else or skip a spot all collectively. A pair issues I actually want we had time for in South Island have been Milford Sounds and Abel Tasman! Hope you get pleasure from! Have you ever visited New Zealand, what was your favourite half? Go away any extra ideas for folks studying this within the feedback!
Beneath is the record of locations I used to be really helpful to go to by my instagram followers, together with some scrumptious eating spots.. we didn’t eat out apart from a pair meals so I didn’t get to expertise any of them however they’re there for any foodies on the market! We simply received groceries and cooked each evening.
Right here is my splendid journey itinerary for a visit to New Zealand. Take into accout there may be quite a lot of driving.. however the surroundings is gorgeous and it offers the kiddos a while to be bored and ponder life lol .. however significantly, the driving was no huge deal. So whereas it could sound like lots, it gained’t be too dangerous!
Fly into Auckland (relying what time of day you permit the states, you’ll arrive 1-2 days later with the time change). You’ll be able to lease a automotive or RV, we did a automotive as a result of we flew from Auckland to Queenstown and it felt like we weren’t within the North Island lengthy sufficient to do an RV, however an RV can be wonderful!
1. In the event you want a break after the flight you possibly can drive up and eat at Odette’s Eatery and go to Cornwall Park.
2. Drive as much as Coramandel (round a 2hr drive).
3. Spend the day driving the Coramandel Peninsula, stopping at lookouts and camp or airbnb close to Cathedral Cove.
*we didn’t have time to do Coramandel and I used to be tremendous bummed as a result of it appears to be like unbelievable! On my record for subsequent time 😉
1. Spend the morning at Cathedral Cove.
2. Drive to Hobbiton and take a tour (2.5 hr drive).
3. Sleep someplace within the space.
1. Go to Blue Spring Putaruru (about 30 min from Hobbiton).
2. Go Zorbing (about 30 min from Blue Spring Putaruru).
3. Discover Rotorua and stroll by means of the redwoods close to Hamurana Springs.
4. Drive to Waitomo and sleep there (about 2 hour drive).
1. Go to Waitomo Glow Worm Caves.
2. Go to Marokopa Falls.
3. Drive to Raglan (1.5 hours).
4. Go to Ngarunui Seashore for sundown.
5. Seize dinner on the town then drive to Auckland (simply over 2 hours).
6. Sleep in Auckland.
1. Fly from Auckland to Queenstown.
2. Get RV
*we rented from Britz.. we beloved our expertise however I additionally noticed quite a lot of Maui and Jucy campers if you need to discover these choices as effectively!
3. Get burgers from Fergberger.
4. Drive to Moke Lake.
*There’s a filth highway and I used to be tremendous startled by how aggressive the rattling round was within the RV haha .. I used to be significantly nervous that one thing was going to fly out of a cupboard and hit one of many children within the head (the cupboards do have locks, however certainly one of ours was damaged so simply double test earlier than occurring a mud highway and be ready for main rattling round)
5. Discover Moke Lake, stroll across the lake, go to the horses and go fishing.
6. Camp on the lake in a single day (deliver money). You could possibly completely spend two nights at this spot, so unbelievable.
Essential Observe : Most campsites in NZ are first come first serve and solely settle for NZD money.
1. Discover Moke Lake.
2. Discover Queenstown
*here is an extremely useful weblog that I received a ton of knowledge from!
3. Drive to Lake Wanaka (so many lovely lookouts alongside the best way).
4. Sleep at Glendhu Bay Motor Camp, positioned proper on the lake, it has a enjoyable playground and youngsters can stroll to by themselves.
1. Hike Roy’s Peak, we didn’t do the entire thing with children, in all probability went up a few mile or so then got here again down, however it was such a enjoyable hike for the youngsters since there are bunnies and sheep alongside the best way.
2. Drive to Mt. Prepare dinner.
3. Keep on the White Horse Hill Campground. I like to recommend no less than two nights right here , additionally it is the place to begin for a number of unbelievable hikes! I like to make use of All Trails for trying up how lengthy hikes are and I all the time learn feedback as a result of earlier hikers have nice recommendations on that specific hike and whether or not it’s child pleasant or not
1. Mountaineering day!
Hike Choices :
Hooker Valley Observe – 6.5 miles, it’s a few 10 min stroll, after you cross the second bridge, there’s a lookout the place you possibly can see Mt. Prepare dinner, that may be a great place to show round if climbing with littles. This one is a MUST DO!
Tasman Glacier Lookout – 15-20min stroll.
Kea Level – 1.8 – 1 hr.
Sealy Tarns – Whitehorse hill campground – 2200 step, very troublesome, I don’t advocate with children.
1. Drive to Lake Tekapo it’s an insanely lovely drive!
2. Keep at Lake Tekapo motels and vacation park, there are tons of wonderful little walks proper from the campsite.
3. Go to Tekapo Springs for a swim (all heated swimming pools and strolling distance from camp floor).
1. Discover Tekapo!
2. Mount John Walkway – 5 miles there and again
3. White Bluffs of Tekapo stroll – 3.Three miles
4. Go to Lake Takapi, it’s 30 minutes away.
5. Cowans Walkway
1. Drive to Akaroa
2. Cease and do the Hikewai Reserve path, it’s so lovely!
3. Keep at Akaroa TOP 10 Vacation Park it has an ocean view and a enjoyable park for youths to play at.
1. Drive to Christchurch
2. Do the Worldwide Antarctic Heart (proper by airport)
3. Fly Residence
Issues I needed so as to add to our itinerary however didn’t have time:
1. Abel Tasman Nationwide Park
2. Milford Sounds
A lot extra however these have been the 2 major ones I used to be bummed to overlook! A lot to see the subsequent time we go. What’s the place you’d most like to go to in New Zealand, or in case you have visited what place would you most advocate?